Sunday, April 15, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

Oh, how the time flies.  I'm not sure where the last two weeks have gone.  Actually, I feel like I have just been flying high for the last three weeks.  Just lots of calm, lots of joy.  Just been in a good, sweet, happy place.  

Rylee's birthday was kind of just a chill day around the house.  And she was fine with that.  We had a family dinner at the restaurant of her choice...Hibachi.  It was lots of fun.  That whole week that followed was Spring Break.  This is the first Spring Break since I have had kids that I have not worked or been in school.  I was free to do whatever I wanted WITH my kids.  I am still getting used to the fact that I am not working.  And although it is still somewhat of a financial struggle, I cherish the fact that I have this time.  

I had lofty goals set for myself for that week.  Lots that I wanted to get done.  Being in school and doing the kid thing makes for lots of things left undone around the house.  I managed to get a few things marked off the list, but not all.  That's ok...learning to let some things go.  We kept busy that week with doctor's appointments, shopping, hanging around doing nothing.  We did have Rylee's birthday party with some of her friends.  Rylee's birthday always falls around Spring Break.  For two years now, we always assume that we won't get a good turnout, thinking some or most will be out of town.  Not so...two years in a row, everyone could come!  We took 13 kids ice-skating, then to Sonic, then back here to hang out for a bit and have cookie cake.  It's kind of nice...the older they get the less you really need to plan for them!  

Last week was back to school.  I was a bit apprehensive about going back.  Worried about feeling like I would be starting over after being out of the clinical setting for 2 weeks.  But, it was great.  I had an amazing patient.  It was 2 days of caring for her that was confidence building for me, for sure.  It's hard to believe that we only have 5 weeks left of school.  And only 3 of those weeks left in the hospital.  It's a little unnerving, as I don't feel like it's been enough time.  Not enough time to feel completely competent in all that we are doing.  Praying that by the time the semester ends, I don't feel this way!  

So, this weekend was the first of two weekends of Coachella.  Usually, we are leaving for Vegas for a cheer competition that always falls on the same weekend of Coachella.  While we are in Target shopping for our road trip, the 'fest-ers are there buying up water, chips, sunscreen and whatever else.  They are always a sight to see.  This weekend we were here.  I love the electric feeling of seeing the buzz around the streets and in the stores.  Seeing and hearing of the parties all over town.  It's pretty cool, even if I have no interest in attending.  Now, Stagecoach...that's another story.  Two more weeks...(hoping I can find some tickets!) I haven't missed a Stagecoach, yet.  Not much makes me happier than donning a pair of cowboy boots and shorts and hanging out with a bunch of country music-loving people.  

Off to get ready for the week.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment