Friday, October 5, 2012

Update

And just like that, the 6th week of school is behind us.  Hallelujah.  And in the last few weeks, I have opened up this blog and attempted to write something.  But, my mind goes blank.  So, I've gathered my thoughts and here's my summary:

I love it.  I hate it.  It's scary.  It's exciting.  Yesterday was so fun!  Today sucked.  I feel accomplished!  I feel defeated.  I think: "I get it."  I think: "WTF am I doing here?" 

Do I sound like Sybil?

This particular week I found myself not enjoying nursing school AT ALL.  And not for any particular reason ...just everything seemed to snowball at once.  Emotionally and physically exhausted.  And I worried that if I said this out loud, does that mean I shouldn't be there?  I know the answer to this already.  If this were easy, then everyone would be doing it, right???  Some days are more challenging and frustrating than others and we press on, right?  I am making an extra effort to say goodbye to the over-achiever who lives inside of me.  For now she is gone, but she might come back for a visit, if I let her.  Wish me luck on that one.  

My clinical rotation is at JFK this semester.  Worlds apart from Eisenhower in many ways.  I find the nurses at JFK much more willing and happy to help the students.  They all seem to be very happy working there.  There are some amazing nurses whom I am inspired and encouraged by...only being out of school for a couple of years and being the rock stars that they are.  

I have had several Spanish speaking only patients.  So much for the Spanish I thought I knew....

In other news...the girls are staying busy with school and their schedules.  Chandler has turned a 180 and now seems excited about the idea of going away to college.  Today we booked a flight and are going to visit OU next month.  She seems beyond excited about this.  Also high on the list is moving to South Carolina for school.  I cannot even imagine her being so far. Two weeks ago, I found out that I was awarded 4 scholarships for my nursing program.  I vaguely remember applying for them, as I didn't think I qualified for any of them.  I was ecstatic.  Now, if only Chandler can manage to do the same!  Otherwise, how the heck do we pay for her college??  Obama says he has made college more affordable....really?  For who and where? Scary.  

So, it's a Friday night and tonight I skip the away game.  t.i.r.e.d.  So, just chilling at home and re-charging so I can focus on writing a research paper this weekend.   I'm excited about that.  Really.  Excited.  Not.  

Happy Weekend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment