Thursday, May 23, 2013

This Ride Called Life

I'm a little bit of a mess.  The last few months, and more recently have been a whirlwind.  A merry-go-round, rollercoaster. 

Since January, we have experienced a mix of joy and sorrow.  There was the excitement of starting a new semester of nursing school, that came with countless papers, quizzes and exams.  Three 5-week rotations.  It was rough, but we made it!!  We experienced a variety of excitement and joy and pride of witnessing our children's accomplishments--performances, grades, college acceptances....Our kids make us so proud! 

Thrown into this mix, there was much sorrow, as well.  We learned the news of a special person having stage 4 cancer.  Two local high school seniors who tragically lost their lives within weeks of each other.  We have watched the devastation and heartbreak caused by the tornado in Oklahoma, that hit much too close to our dear friends and family. 

Just weeks ago, we suddenly lost Craig's dad.  Sad for the loss of Mel, but more heartbreaking for me, is that it was Craig who found his dad in his home.  This will forever be ingrained in his memory. 

A week after his dad's passing, Craig learned of a new position that he will be taking.  Yes, it is both exciting and scary at the same time. 

As I write this, I learned the news that this special man I wrote about previously, passed away this morning.  His battle is over.   If you could see the love between he and his family...we should all be so lucky.  So blessed.  It's like none I have ever seen.  I am grateful that I was able to write about him and that he knew how I felt about him and how he touched my life.  I am grateful that I attended his celebration of his life while he was alive and that he could see the outpouring of love and recognition for him from so many people.  It was beautiful.  A special man and he was surrounded by so much love...because he gave so much, as well.  If everyone takes a little bit of how Jackie viewed life, we would all be much happier people. 

Tonight, Chandler graduates from high school.  And just like the last few weeks, I know I will be overcome with emotion.  So proud of this girl.  She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She's special, this girl. 

Tomorrow, I have the privilege of being able to volunteer for the pinning ceremony for the nursing graduates.  This pinning ceremony always gets me...no doubt, the tears will be flowing again.

And over the course of the next two weeks, Rylee begins her end-of-year festivities, as she prepares to promote from 8th grade.  OMG, I am going to have a freshman.  My emotional rollercoaster continues!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment