Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just a Perfect Day

Today was a great day.  Typically on Sundays, I love being home.  Drinking coffee, reading the paper, cooking breakfast and watching football.  There's grocery shopping and laundry, too.  I know people that are busy all the time...never home, even on the weekends.  For me, we are so busy during the week, I look forward to just being a homebody.  If I can, I'll stay in my jammies all day.  

Today, we went to have brunch at the Adobe Grill over at La Quinta Resort.  We almost never go out for brunch.  I had so much to do today to get ready for our trip, but I am glad we took the time to get out.  We sat on the patio and it was beautiful out.  Food was great, service was great and the margaritas even better.  I highly recommend!

Afterwards, we hung out and walked around the plaza and just felt like we were on vacation.  Took some pictures, hoping one turns out cute enough for a holiday card (which I haven't done for the last 2 years).  It was some great family time, which we rarely get to do anymore, it seems.  The season is here, Craig works all the time....so, time like this is precious.  It was our little Thanksgiving together.

Tomorrow, the girls and I are venturing out on our road trip to El Paso.  Craig will need to work, so it will just be us.  We did this 2 years ago (girls road trip) and had a blast.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and is sometimes tough for me being so far from my family.  I grew up with lots of aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins around.  We were together often...not just on the holidays.  My kids don't have that here.  Most Thanksgivings we are here in town.  I love to cook.  I try to include anyone that doesn't have family to spend the holiday with, but usually it ends up being just us and Craig's dad and brother if he is in town.  I like to (and need to) have lots of people around on Thanksgiving.  Even though we don't have much family here, I try to make sure we have our own traditions that I hope my kids will always remember. I get excited about these times, though, when I have the chance to take my kids back so that they experience what I had when I was growing up.  I can't wait!

So, tomorrow we head out.  So looking forward to seeing the whole "fam damily." 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment