Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Inaugural Post and Why The Name?

Wow!  After about a year or so of contemplating starting a blog, here I am.  Over the last couple of years, I have followed several blogs.  I have followed people who have chronicled their illnesses and people who just blog about their daily lives.  I am fascinated by the fabulous ability of writing skills of those out there!  So, here I am, attempting to journal with the best of them!  

So, I will begin with my title.  Lori Belle Love.  What the heck is that?  Well, if I can be honest, I wanted to title this blog "The Next Chapter"..or something of that nature, because that is basically what it will be about, but who knew that that domain and almost everything close to it was taken?  I'm not very original or have much in the way of creative writing skills....Clearly, I missed the boat long ago when it came to blog writing.  Lori Belle.  Many people who know me in my adult life don't know, but Lori Belle is what my dentist's wife used to call me when I was growing up.  I thought the world of her and when she pegged me "Lori Belle" it warmed my heart.  My family called me that and to this day, my sister Andrea still uses this nickname for me.  I love it.  In fact, it's my username on Words With Friends.  And the word "Love"....well, I just kind of love the word.   <3
So, there you have it.  

I decided to start this blog now, so that I can journal a little bit about my past, but more specifically about how my life has significantly changed in the last couple of years and now heading into the next chapter.  My kids are old enough to know what's what, but I hope that later on down the road when they read this again, that they can really appreciate the journey we have all taken together!






No comments:

Post a Comment