Tuesday, July 2, 2013

And We're Back

I last left off on our east coast adventures while we were in New York, but if you followed my facebook posts, you already know the rest. 

It was a great trip.  I must say, I did a great job coordinating everything.  Everything went off without a hitch, with just a couple of minor exceptions...like how I accidentally booked a smoking room in Charleston, and they had no other rooms to offer us.  It was really, really yucky.  Really. 

And how I didn't book things when I first found great fares/rates.  I am not sure what I was waiting for.  For instance, for months, FOR MONTHS, I found Amtrak fares that were pretty reasonable going from New York to Washington.  Why didn't I book this?  I mean, we were definitely going.  Nope, in typical Lori fashion (I'm a little non-committal sometimes), I put it off, and lo and behold the fare had more than doubled.  :(  (Shh...don't tell Craig).

Anyway, I think we planned pretty well and we covered a lot of ground.  We didn't spend more than 3 days in any one place...just enough time to not feel like we were ready to leave.  If we could change anything, it would have been another day in Charleston and another day in Hilton Head.  And we would probably nix Disney.  But, for sure on the 18th day, we were ready to come home. 

18 days, 24/7 we were together.  Every meal, same hotel room or condo.  Shockingly, there was very minimal bickering between anybody.  And there was only one or two near-divorce incidents.  Not bad, right?  I was also a little worried that all the constant/frequent schlepping of luggage would be a big pain in the ass, but it wasn't at all!  We are easy...

We have all talked and none of us have a "favorite" of the trip.  Too hard to have one favorite.  We all found something we loved at every stop. 

So, we returned very late Friday night.  We encountered a few challenges after we returned, but hoping by tomorrow we are feeling more settled and back in order around here.  But, boy is it good to be home.  I really missed my bed.  A lot. 








No comments:

Post a Comment