Monday, March 12, 2012

Taking a Breath

I wish I could say "taking a breather."  But, I'm just taking a really deep breath. 

It was one busy, crazy week.  I had my first patient.  I'll just say it wasn't what I expected.  I have super high expectations of myself.  I expect that I will go in and be this rock star nursing student.  Yep, even though I know so very little about so much.  I hate more than anything being put into a situation and not knowing how to do something.  There was a lot that I didn't know that morning.  It's one thing to practice in the lab on healthy classmates, posing as patients and using equipment that's sort of like hospital equipment.  It's just not the same.  I felt a little defeated when I left the hospital that day and glad when it was over.   The pressure of the first day in the hospital coincided with the pressure of studying for the second test.  It was a lot.  

I made myself escape with Craig and another couple and we saw Willie Nelson on Friday night.  I've seen Willie about 3 or 4 times, but it's been over 20 years.  Boy...he's gotten old, but he can sure still sing. It was a fun escape...and it sure took me back.

I spent the entire day...and I mean the entire day studying on Saturday.  And rewarded myself with a fun night out with Rylee with dinner and Mamma Mia.  Chandler and her boyfriend had their own dinner date, but met up with us to see the show.  It was great.  

Our week wrapped up with another cheer competition at Universal Studios yesterday.  It was a long day, but our teams all did awesome, coming home with a first place, 3 second places and a 3rd place. 

Took our second test this morning.  It was not easy.  We've already been told there were no "As".  We get them back on Thursday.  For now, I'll just put it out of my head and hope for the best!  Which is what I am also hoping for for tomorrow...my second clinical at the hospital and another patient!  Wish him/her ...I mean, me, luck!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment