Thursday, December 29, 2011

Worry...Why Do I Let Myself Worry?

This was a facebook status of mine from last night. 

I am a worrier.  No matter how much "older and wiser" I get, I still manage to work myself into a frenzy of worry.  I am not a daily worrier, but occasionally things pop up that have me fretting. I have a history of worrying about the worst possible outcome of a situation.  My imagination gets the best of me and I prepare myself for the worst, always.  I let it consume me and it's awful.  And 99% of the time, I have worried over nothing!

I am also one of those people that never wants to hurt anyone's feelings or to leave anyone out.  I want everyone to be happy, if I can help it.  So when that occasion happens when things go slightly awry, I am always certain I am to blame.  Sigh.....I am a bit of a freak, right? 

I realize there are things I can't control and I need to let go and let things happen.  I can only do my best to do the right thing whenever possible. But, I do make mistakes.  I sometimes do or say the wrong things.  And it festers inside of me. 

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength."  

I got this from a co-worker several years ago.  What a great quote and if only I could abide by it....maybe a good new year's resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment