Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just a Quick One

Just wrapped up a super crazy weekend of cheer.  10 hour days on Saturday and Sunday.  We have a love/hate relationship with this competition in that we love it, because there are some of the best teams that come out and compete--they are so fun to watch and it gives us the opportunity to really step up our game.  At the same time, it's totally chaotic with tons of people, two competition stages and just lots going on.  Not to mention that this always falls on Super Bowl Sunday...WTH?  I had major mixed emotions this weekend...excited for Rylee who competes on three teams now and sad for Chandler who didn't compete at all.  All in all, it was fun, but glad it's o.v.e.r.

Laundry didn't get done and neither did grocery shopping for the week.  It will be another week of winging it...

One of my favorite things of the weekend....one of the girls on one of our teams came up to me late today...here's how the conversation went:

Melanie:  Are you Rylee's mom?
Me:  Yes
Melanie:  Oh...you don't  look like it?
Me:  I don't?  Why not?
Melanie:  You look like you're 23. 
Me:   Aw, Melanie, you are my new favorite cheerleader!  :)

Thanks Melanie.  I no longer remember the menopause question that someone asked me about earlier this week. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment