Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 2

It was a good second week...long days but learning a lot.  It's nerve-racking to get some of these skills down.  Just takes lots of practice.  And even more practice.  In 4 short weeks we will have our first real patients in the hospital.  Yikes.  They say "fake it til you make it"...that's all great, but hell, what if I fake it so much that I miss something??

Our first exam covers 50 chapters.  50.  OMG.

I love the friendships that we are establishing.  We're all experiencing the same stress, the same anxiety and the same excitement.  We are all freaking out together and laughing together at the same time.  I love it.

Craig's dad had a tumor removed from his bladder this week.  He came through the surgery great and now we just wait for the pathology results.  The doctor seems to be optimistic.  

And Chandler's doctor recommends surgery to straighten her nose out.  It is scheduled for Wednesday.  Everything that goes along with her having this surgery is bothering me....

Last night, it occurred to me that it was the first Friday night, since school started that we were all home together.  In fact, it was the first weekday night in forever.  Monday through Thursday nights we all get home at different times...the girls have cheer and don't get home until after either 7:30 or 8:30 and Friday nights have been either football games or basketball games.  Or Craig has worked.  Last night, we had nothing!  Chandler's boyfriend (I'll call him "A") came over, I made dinner, we watched a movie.  It was a fun night and it made me a happy girl.

Off to read, study and practice.   Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment