Friday, January 11, 2013

Closer to Home

I read this on a friend's facebook wall today:

"One of the hardest things about becoming adults, is watching our parents grow older, (in some instances) suffer, and leave this earth, when we simply feel, we're just not ready to be without our mamas and daddies."

She took the words right out of my head.  Except I don't know that we are ever ready to be without our mamas or daddies. 

My heart has been heavy lately.  Friends of mine losing a mom, a dad, a brother.  Two in the last two weeks.  Another a month ago.  Several others in the last two years.  And others close to me with health scares.  Growing up and through the years, people dying or getting sick always happened to someone else...Not so much anymore.  It's hitting much closer to home now.   Friends I grew up with now losing their parents.  As our circle of friends grows and as we grow older ourselves, the inevitable happens.  Inevitably it becomes our reality, too. 

Whether you know it's coming because of an illness or if it is sudden, I can't even imagine being ready or prepared. 

Sending big hugs to my friends and loved ones tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment