Sunday, January 6, 2013

Projects and Other Stuff

I am sure I am like most people and want to start the new year out right...being nice and organized and cleaned out.  Over the last few weeks, I have tackled a few projects:

In December we had back-to-back garage sales that were pretty much flops for us.  On the bright side, we took every single item that we didn't sell to the rescue mission.  This made way for clearing out lots in our garage! 

Clean out fridge and freezer:  Check.

Clean out pantry:  Check.

Clean out laundry room:  Check. 

Today it was a LOT of laundry. 

I've said this before, but I wish I was as organized as I think I am.  What it boils down to, is that I hate clutter.  I'm fairly good at getting rid of the clutter, just not organizing what's left.

So, next on the list...my closet.  I think I am getting close to that happening.  Really soon. 

Actually, I make it a habit to clean out.  About twice a year I do it more "big time."  August is the back-to-school cleanout and then there's this New Year cleanout.  Feels good.  Lightens the stress.  It's good chi or something like that, right?

I haven't made public any resolutions I have made.  If you really want to know, you can archive my post from last year.  I didn't really make good on any of them.  So...each new day is a new day to start over and just keep trying to do my best.  To make healthier choices.  To be a better person.  Done with putting too much pressure on myself. 

And our little "good things that happened to us box"....only one thing has been written down in 6 days.  We need to pay more attention to our days! 

Kids are back to school tomorrow and what a great break it's been.  Just taking each day as it comes.  Three Sundays in a row, a few friends and I have gathered at this area where the kids can ride their Penny boards and bikes and we can sit and have snacks and drinks and enjoy the beautiful day.  It's been awesome. 

I'm about ready for more of a routine again.  But I am sure when those alarms go off at 6:00 am tomorrow that will be another story....

Happy Back to School Day tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment